Instabill Ewallet Security Policy
As a leader in the e-commerce payments industry, Instabill takes your online security very seriously. Read the Instabill eWallet Security Policy below to learn how we help protect the personal information of both merchants and consumers.
Secure Ewallet Payment Processing with Instabill
Providing safe online shopping and money transfers, the Instabill eWallet has become a most trusted online payment system by giving our members the freedom to make and accept purchases without worrying about their security and privacy. We are constantly updating and improving our ewallet platform to ensure that your money always gets where it needs to go—safely and securely.
When you make a payment with your Instabill eWallet, we will never forward your personal financial details to merchant sites, keeping your data safe and your identity protected against fraud.
Online Fraud Protection
Instabill takes numerous measures to ensure ewallet account security, including 128-bit encryption technology, identity verification, and real-time transaction monitoring.
Additionally, when you put money on your Instabill eWallet Account with your credit card, you will enjoy the protection of 3D Secure through Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode. 3D Secure payment processing adds an extra level of protection against online credit card fraud.
Lost or Stolen Prepaid Credit Cards
If your Instabill Prepaid Card has been lost or stolen, contact Instabill immediately. We will cancel your card immediately to prevent unauthorized transactions. Please note that you may incur a fee if we have to issue multiple prepaid cards.
Once Instabill has cancelled your prepaid credit card, you must apply for a new one by signing in online to your Instabill eWallet Account and completing the same application steps that you did previously. After you request a new prepaid card, it will arrive within 21 business days. You will receive a new PIN shortly after you receive your new prepaid card. Please remember to activate your new card once you receive it.
Keep Your Instabill Ewallet Account Secure
We have designed our security measures to keep you safe both on and offline. However, there are also precautions you can take to protect your own account. Here are some tips on staying safe online:
- Regularly review your transaction history: To ensure no one is illegally using your ewallet account, be sure to review your transaction history regularly. If you believe someone has used your account to make a transaction, immediately change your password and contact Instabill Customer Service.
- Keep your personal information private: Never share your account information with anyone. No one except you (the account holder) needs to know your Account ID, Secure ID, or password.
- Use strong passwords: Create a complex and unique password that is different from any other passwords you use. A strong password should be at least eight characters long, does not contain your real name, and should contain uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numerals, and at least one special character (i.e. ! @ # $ %).
- Upgrade your Web browser: If you are not running the most up-to-date version of your Web browser, you may be missing critical security patches and updates. You can get the latest version from the developer’s homepage.
- Protect your computer: It does not matter how diligent you are online if you do not secure your hardware. Make sure your computer uses precautions such as antivirus software and firewalls to prevent intruders from getting into your network or computer and never open executable files from unfamiliar sources.
- Sign out of your account: When you finish using your Instabill eWallet Account, sign out of your account before closing the Web browser. This will clear your browser’s cache and protect you from anyone fraudulently signing in as you.
- Avoid public computers: Never sign into your Instabill eWallet from a public computer—you do not own it so you cannot know how safe it is. This includes computer terminals at hotels, libraries, airports, and internet cafes.
Prevent Email Phishing Scams
Like many reputable online companies and financial institutions, the Instabill eWallet is occasionally the victim of email scammers who seek to trick our customers into sharing confidential personal details that the scammers can then use to defraud customers. Be aware of email phishing scams so you can avoid them and prevent identity theft.
How Email Phishing Scams Work
Although there are many variations of phishing scams, they all operate along similar lines. You will receive an email from a well-known brand or website that looks official—right down to the logos, website colors, and font face that you have come to expect from that company.
Upon opening the email, you will be directed to click a link to sign into your account. Some emails will claim that your account has been suspended or will be if you do not respond, others that you are due to receive a refund, still others that you can get free money by following the link.
Instead of directing you to a company’s real website, however, these links will direct members to a page that looks almost identical to the site of the company whose customers they are trying to target. On this page, the scammers will ask you to enter your personal details, including your account information. If you enter these details, the scammers may try to use your personal information to access your account or even steal your identity.
To avoid falling victim to a phishing email, here are a few tips to help you identify them.
- Unprofessional emails with grammatical and/or spelling errors
- Free money offers that do not require you to do anything
- URLs that are similar, but are different by one or two letters
- URLs that do not direct you to an obviously fake website
- If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is
If you encounter a phishing email posed as Instabill, contact us online or call us at 1-800-318-2713. Remember: Whatever you do, please do not click on the links and ESPECIALLY do not enter any of your private information.
Report Suspicious Activity
If you think there have been instances of misuse on your Instabill eWallet Account, please contact us immediately and we will investigate the situation. To ensure that our risk management department handles your enquiry as quickly as possible, please include the following information in your email.
- Subject Line: "Suspected Account Misuse"
- Transaction time, date, and amount
- Business to where the transaction is question was made
- The last time you signed into your account
- The last transaction you made
- The type of transaction it was
- Transaction amount and currency
- Whether you share your account details with anyone
- Whether your account details were in possession of anyone else
Upon receipt, an Instabill risk management specialist will contact you to confirm that we received your payment security enquiry as well as gather any additional information we may need. If necessary, the risk management specialist will suspend your Instabill eWallet Account to ensure no further instances of fraud can occur and the suspension will remain in place for the duration of the investigation process.